Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Zach, lettuce does not come from a bag....

I had a friend at church ask me other day how was Christmas. I replied that it was fine and that we were snowed in. She asked if I got lots done with being stranded. No I replied but we did hang out as a family which was nice. She said they played games and hung out as well. It did dawn on me that it was nice to have Sean and Zach home though. Those two are on the go constantly. So with Zach being home I learned a lot about my teenager. Here are a few highlights.

1. Zach is very kind and helpful for the most part. He grumbles about doing chores and helping but he takes pride it what he does and he does a good job.
2. He likes the smell of Pine Sol - he actually doesn't squawk at cleaning the bathroom. Whatever works right?
3. He is a gentleman. We had walked with the two little ones to Pizza one snowy night and on the way home he took us down a path and he saw a grate ahead and he actually stepped over it and turned around to hold both Emily's and my hand to make sure we got across safely. For real he did this and I was ever so impressed.
4. He is a fabulous big brother when he wants to be. He chased Emily and Andrew home that night we walked in the snow and he made them giggle and laugh. He knows just how to play rough but not to much with them.
5. He likes to be in the kitchen, and is pretty good at it too. That's a Foushee thing definitely not from my side of the family.
6. The boy did not know that lettuce does not from a bag. He wanted lettuce for something and I said it was in the drawer in the refrigerator. He pulled out a bagged salad mix and I said not that use the head of lettuce. He went back and took it out - examined it and said he never knew lettuce came like that. He had no idea what to do with it or how to get the leaves off - pathetic mom moment huh?
7. He can be determined to accomplish something when he sets his mind to it. He can now solve a Rubik's cube, he can play hours upon hours of online games to get to the next level, and he even taught himself to ski down our hill. Now we just need to focus that ability onto his biology grade and he will be set!

I am proud to say Zach is my son and I love him dearly - I cannot believe how fast time goes. He is way taller and stronger than me and his voice is changing and cracking and in a short 3 1/2 years he will gone. Wow. I am glad we were snowed in and to be able to spend an extra few more days observing and hanging out with him and our family.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have an awesome teen on your hands who will grow up to be an amazing man. Way to go mom!

    ReplyDelete