Friday, December 19, 2008

The longest break ever....

Its still snowing and we are actually going on day 5 of the kids being out of school. What a long week and we have two more ahead of us for winter break! So much for preparing Christmas with the kids being gone and in school. Now I just have to be creative and stay up later :)!

The kids love it - actually I am really glad the older boys didn't have school today - I could only imagine the extra work they would have been given over break to catch up. Now it will be stress and homework free! The little ones were disappointed about missing their class parties, wearing their pajamas to school, and giving their teachers gifts this morning.

Its funny how when it first snowed they were out all day long - hours and hours on end. Today there is snow again on the ground and they could care less about being outside - whatever! We are hoping for the huge storm the news media is promising this weekend! Can't wait to be stuck at home with the whole family! And I really wouldn't mind a little sledding again myself if it really snows hard - I am to old to land on the hard concrete under 1/2 inch of snow!

Take care and stay warm and be careful of neighbors trying to get up hills in their little Honda's - what a crack up I tell you! (You can't tell we have one of those in our neighborhood - honest people get a clue! If 4 wheel drives are slipping you will not make it up - plus it ruins the road for sledding....)

1 comment:

  1. It has been the longest week ever hasn't it?? I too, am hoping for the storm they are predicting. I want a reason to stay home in my pjs and bake all day long! I think it's great that you're out there sledding. You are so way more adventerous than I! What a great mom!

    ReplyDelete