Sunday, December 21, 2008

5 Household Essentials

5 Household Essentials when stuck at home from a snowstorm that won't quit! Who needs more milk and bread or flour and sugar (that was what was gone from the shelves at Safeway anyways)

1. Dishwashing Detergent - who would of thought! We are eating and baking 5x more than normal and I have run the dishwasher at least 4x today! Ugh!

2. Laundry Soap - With not much else to do I have been way on top of the laundry to the point of running out soon!

3. Gloves - how can we constantly be running out of matching pairs of gloves - I think some must be hiding in the snow and ice - geez!

4. More laptops or computers - no brainer - 2 teenagers, a mom who loves tinkering on the computer with her blog and photographs, and a daughter who creates and plays games. 2 computers is just not sufficient!

5. Built in friends - my kids have had about enough of each other. Really they have :) LOL

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! Do you think I should hike on over to give you some detergent? Crazy! I thought I would be up on my laundry - but I am too tired to do much of it. I thought that I would rather be cold than hot - today, I changed my mind! I am tired of being so cold!
    It does look magical though! Wish we lived on your street so the little could play all day every day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an extra gallon of milk if you'd like it! It's crazy how fast you start to run out of the little things. We were almost out of toilet paper the other day and I went into a panic! I'll replace your goldfish crackers next time I see you if that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally with you on the dish and laundry detergent. Never thought before the "artic freeze" as they called it (they're obviously not from Utah), that dish detergent would be on my list of storage items!! And one day I went to three different places and they were all out of 1% milk. If I've gained any weight over the holidays I'll blame it on the 2% I bought that night LOL (I wish)!!

    ReplyDelete