Friday, April 3, 2009

Andrew's April Fools Joke

I have to write this down so its documented.... So Andrew had been talking all about April Fools Day this week - I told him I wasn't a big fan of the day but anyways he had decided that he wanted to wear braces on his arms and tell everyone he broke them. So the morning of he decided instead to wear his brothers big huge boot he had to wear after his surgery last year. Its huge and awkward and we were running late so I said fine just bring an extra shoe to put on afterwards. We also talked about how you say April Fools to the joke etc. I pick him up from the bus and I have forgotten all about it until his teacher calls. Apparently he was in tears because the kids didn't believe he broke his foot, he caused a huge commotion all day long - wore the stupid thing to recess and played the part all day - he never fessed up that it was a joke. I giggled when the teacher was talking and said it was suppose to be his April Fools joke - oh my. I could have died! He says he was waiting until the end of the day for sharing to tell but he didn't get picked to share so he didn't say anything. What a booger! One of those great parent moments and if you know Andrew he is almost convincing and believable to the stories he tells! Oh my!

2 comments:

  1. This is so funny and explains a lot! Hunter came home and told me that Andrew had a broken leg and a cast. I told him "no he doesn't..he is fine" and continued to argue with him that he did not have a cast on at school. Blah! Looks like I need to apologize to him for not really believing him!
    Too funny about your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I think this is sad. I vividly remember when I didn't get picked to play my purple record in preschool, and it scarred me for life. Poor Andrew! And tell him, he can April Fool's me any time he wants, one of my favorite people is sloof lirpa the leprechan!

    ReplyDelete