Tuesday, January 27, 2009

When it Rains it Pours

Yesterday, I was commenting to my mother in law how I wish I could just catch a break. It's been one thing after another. I know their are ups and down and I was wishing for a few ups instead of so many downs.
So after attending a cheer meeting to discuss fundraising and everyone having opinions and no one making decisions I was exhausted and ready to head home after a very long day. Low and behold I go to my car and Michael has run out the battery listening to music while I was in my meeting. Okay, no big deal I find a friend and some jumper cables (remember it was freezing out too) so we are cold and we cannot find the latch to open my hood. Its dark and I am getting frustrated. So we finally find the latch (thank goodness for friends with flashlights) and I get out and we hook up the cables and I go to turn on my car and I have locked my keys in the car! I was laughing so hard - I could not believe it! Its 7:30pm the kids are starving and we are stranded! (Sean is still in Arizona looking for job opportunities - yeah I know it the worst city to be in the building business in but what do I know) - anyways.... The gym feeds my kids cup a soup and my sister rescues us and brings the kids home and I go back to jump the car again. After an important errand I finally get home and crash.
With the snow this morning and cramming in extra studying with the boys I run into work (well crawl - it was snowing) and I have been running full force ever since (did I mention Emily has fifths disease and Michael can barely speak his throat is so swollen and I am waiting for the return call from the middle school vice principal again...). Needless to say the house actually looks like a tornado has been through it. I am not exaggerating - that whole OCD thing is way out the door. Its gross, the dishes are over flowing (Zach finally had enough and did those - thank you) laundry is piling up and you can barely walk through my kitchen and family room.
The upstairs is a whole other story. Andrew has been coloring with permanent pens everywhere and somehow the bonus room toys have ended up on the roof - yes the roof. Emily and Andrew have also created a "store" to sell things in the hallway.
So what I am doing - updating my blog. Sean comes in tomorrow late (hopefully) and I have the day off....
Glad I am not PMSing and I can just laugh at this so called life. Ugh!

3 comments:

  1. Goodness girl! I'm glad you're still laughing! You need to meet me tomorrow, it will feel good, that's if you manage to start your car with your keys when leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got OCD as well, and I'm really good and speed cleaning if it would help you to have an extra pair of hands for awhile! This will all pass, and what do they say? If it doesn't kill you, something about being stronger?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soo sorry! I don't know if I should worry that you are not in the fetal position crying and rocking back and forth yet. I know I would! Good for you to laugh (at the moment...)
    Hang in there.
    Something has to give - hopefully it isn't YOU!

    ReplyDelete